Thursday, January 8, 2026

REAL LIFE - Thursday yup great title

 Started work at 12.30 today so Sage and I got to hang out for the morning. Cooked up some chicken on a stick and some chips to go with them for dinner tonight as I will be at work till 8 and Deanne isn’t going to want to cook after a hard day at work herself. 

We played a few rounds of Bloxd.io while eating a couple of sticks. Was yummy.


Dropped Sage at Nan's and went to work to find out we had very bad casuals emptying the draws in fishing. Nat found so much stuff that could go out so easy, little shits slacking off. That's going to come to an end, starting after the holiday,s I am going to start giving them a draw every shift that needs to be completed.

Day off tomorrow, so might have something to put under the REEL LIFE heading, which would be awesome. I figure I am going to buy some bait and sage and I can chill with line just sitting in the water until we get bites. I was thinking today that trying to get your kid really involved with fishing means Lures and soft plastics probably aren’t the best options. Too much "Doing" involved and as a father and a keen fisho I don't want to have to cast her line every 45 seconds. Long soak bait seems a much better option:

  1. Bait hook
  2. Cast out
  3. put rod in the holder 
  4. sit, chat, enjoy child’s company.
  5. Bond, Bite, Win!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 So looks like our Dora Pekin Bantam that we renamed Doran because we thought it was a boy is likely to be a Dora again. Facebook peeps as w...